Healthcare Education

Black History Month Healthcare Pioneers

Categories :Education , News

In honor of Black History Month, the Healthcare Education Project would like to honor these exceptional healthcare professionals and visionaries who advanced the medical industry.

Key Facts about Health Insurance and the Uninsured amidst Changes to the Affordable Care Act

Categories :Education , News

55% of uninsured are eligible for financial assistance in getting healthcare, and still can’t afford it The other 45% live in states that did not expand Medicaid, face immigration eligibility issues, or do not qualify for financial assistance 27.4 million uninsured in 2017–the first year that figure rose since the ACA became law In 2017, 13 […]

Blood Donor Awareness Month – Your Blood Can Save Lives

January is Blood Donor Awareness Month—a good opportunity to highlight the importance of donating blood and the impact it can have on saving lives. Blood Donation 101 The average adult has approximately 10 pints of blood in their body. During a donation, approximately 1 pint is taken. A healthy donor can donate blood every 56 […]

New Year’s Resolutions to Improve your Health this 2019

Categories :Education , News , Uncategorized

Make health your priority this year with these following tips: Drink more water – most recommend that you drink a half a gallon of water a day on average. Follow these twelve tips from ‘Self’ to make drinking water more fun! Exercise – exercising regularly will help you get into shape and decrease your risk […]

Affordable Care Act: Life Without the ACA

The Affordable Care Act is known for providing protections for pre-existing conditions and securing healthcare for nearly 12 million Americans in 2018 alone. However, with the recent ruling by a Texas judge striking down the entire healthcare law, much more is at stake. Here’s a breakdown of everything the ACA has provided. Pre-Existing Conditions According […]

U.S. top court, Kavanaugh spurn Planned Parenthood defunding case

Categories :Education , Events , News

Andrew Chung | Reuters WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rejected appeals by Louisiana and Kansas seeking to end their public funding to women’s healthcare and abortion provider Planned Parenthood through the Medicaid program, with President Donald Trump’s appointee Brett Kavanaugh among the justices who rebuffed the states. The justices left intact […]

Healthcare Takeaways From The Midterm Elections

Categories :Education , News

The people have spoken! Here are three of the biggest takeaways on healthcare from the midterm elections last Tuesday: Healthcare really matters to voters. Twenty-six percent of voters said that healthcare was the most important issue in deciding their vote last Tuesday, making it the most important issue overall for voters this year (Associated Press). […]

¡Hazte las pruebas habituales de detección! Un mensaje público de Healthcare Education Project Proyecto de Educación en el Cuidado de la Salud

Categories :Education , News

Octubre, mes Nacional de Concientización de la prevención del cáncer de seno, una campaña para concientizar acerca de esta dolencia. El número de muertes relacionadas al cáncer de seno ha sido reducido en los últimos años—en parte esto se debe a los esfuerzos educativos por concientizar a la población sobre esta enfermedad y como prevenirla. […]

Get screened. Stay healthy. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Categories :Education , News

It’s October, which means it’s once again National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness about the disease. The good news is that the number of breast cancer-related deaths has been falling over the past several years—in part due to efforts to increase public awareness about the disease and how to prevent […]

Social Media Sample Messages

Categories :Education , News

Twitter: @Congressperson, protect our healthcare! #StopGrahamCassidyHeller amendment! #SaveMedicaid  We want #CareNotChaos @Congressperson Protect children’s health insurance! Renew funding for #CHIP this month! #CareNotChaos  #SaveMedicaid @Congressperson Protect Medicaid funding for safety net hospitals #ProtectDSHMedicaid #CareNotChaos  #SaveMedicaid Facebook: Follow Healthcare Education Project and 1199SEIU now!  We need your voices to stop Congress from trying to repeal the Affordable […]


Fatal error: Call to undefined function health_care_navigation() in /home/hep/public_html/wp-content/themes/healthcare/category.php on line 13